Dont Frigging Call Me Ijeoma!!!!!

Yes!!! I am so pisssssed off!!! It is simple English!!!! DONT FRIGGING CALL ME IJEOMA!!!!!

How difficult is that?!!! And its worse when I hear unauthorized persons calling me IJEH!!!!!

Yes, UNAUTHORIZED!!!! I give permission to anyone to call me IJEOMA or IJEH!

If I DONT tell you to call me that, then, please DONT!!!Yeah, how small things can irritate people, my Igbo name being uttered by the wrong mouths puts me off!!! And no, my hormones are not at work today!!

I dont even use "I" in my initials! I use 'EO' and not 'EIO' because I dont want no one calling me Ijeoma!

WHY?: BECAUSE IT IS MY FAMILY NAME!!!! Reserved to my family members and loved ones and people I can truly call friends and well wishers!!!

I prefer ESTELLA!!! Dang! Estella is a nice name, and I dont know why people, especially Igbo people want to call me by my native name!!!

What is wrong with ESTELLA? Heh??? Oyibo people here murder my last name bad enough!!! Ogbonna has been called 'Ogbono'. 'Agboni', 'Agbana', 'Og bona', and all sorts of atrocities and variations and you want me to put IJEOMA on the butcher's slab for them to murder it too?!!! Mba!!!!

A toaster asked me my Igbo name, I dallied on that cos I didnt want to hear the usual "IJ baby, lovely name, that's what I will be calling you from now on" crap!. After his whining, I told him, but insisted he NEVER call me by that!!! But, he did!! Not once, not twice, and me, I dont like him like that!! He brags and boasts too much, so, I know we cant even be buddies!!!! And I now warn him NOT to ever call me IJEOMA and he thinks I am crazy! And I told him his number is permanently deleted! (Did I over react? = NO!!!) Its called self-respect!! You chose to bear Obi, Emeka, Okonkwo, I chose ESTELLA, I am not calling you by your English name Atanatius or whatever! Why the fuss?! You aint family!!! You are a toaster! And you no even get hope! Cos you aint my type of guy! Oh yes! I am picky!!!!!

Tendency is that you may get to read this as I see you now google and follow all my write-ups on the Internet. Ok, so, now read this here!!! I am cutting you out of even being an acquaintance cos I cant stand your over-sized Igbo-itic ego and pride!!! You lost me from the day you said " I am a typical proud Igbo man"!!! If you really knew me well, you should not have said that!!! Cos, I CANT STAND THE TYPICAL IGBO MAN!!!![Typical Igbo man that thinks that what makes a man is the size of his pockets! The size of his house, the size of his house in his village, the number of cars he rides and how many people 'recognize' him as a 'Chief', a 'Knight' or a very rich man that has 'arrived'!! BULL CRAP!!!!)...Keeping in mind that he may sometime not even have one single educational qualification to his name!!! How about being known as a great thinker? A philanthropist, A scientist, an engineer etc....without monetary or financial reward tied to your waist strings?!

For crying out loud, I am hausa!! Not Igbo!! Sure, I am born of Igbo parents, but I grew up with hausas and I will claim hausa till I die!! You cant live with that? Then sorry for your tribalistic igbo big head!!!

Yeah, I like the Igbo man's enterprising nature, and I admire those that have shed some of those 'Igbo mentality'!! And those that still cry for Biafra (I reserve my comment on those for now! hmmmm.) To me, I prefer an Igbo man that did not grow up in Igbo land! Same applies to igbo girls as well!! I do better with those that did not spend the early parts of their lives in Igbo land!!

Before the press quotes me on this....let me make this clearer....I am Igbo, but I am also hausa!! I love Igbos, but hate their arrogant, materialistic nature! I believe you can become great without being rude, arrogant, boastful, and full of yourself!! Ok, how do you explain this: An Igbo guy goes to restaurant to buy ribs, and his bill is $49.80, but he brings out his whole $5,000 100 dollar bills to drag out one bill? WHY?!!!!!!!! Haba!!!

Enuff said........Just dont call me Ijeoma!!!! Cos when I dont answer or go off on you, then, dont call me crazy!!!!

My dad has learnt to call me Estella too (given that the name he gave me at birth is STELLA), if my dad, mum and brothers can call me ESTELLA, then, why are you not!!? You think calling me 'Ijeh baby' will make me like you? Or feel different about you? Or make me closer to you?!!!

You got it all wrong then!!!MY NAME IS ESTELLA!!!

Say after me..... E S T E L L A...

Comments

!!Estella!! said…
As per your last sentence 'Anonymous' "There is too much of arrogance in you already. You better watch girl(Esstteellllaa)"...

I guess, that still makes me an Igbo gal, right? lol....