July is going again....

I love July, not because its my birthday month, its also because its an awesome month, its Summer, and lots of activities and stuff, and when I was much younger, it was long vacation....!!

So, another July is almost gone, and this year, I have actually found out that I have over 5 birthday mates!! Ain't that cute!! And found most of my friends were born in July! If I believed in Horoscope, I would say that is why we are always at loggerheads with each other! lol.....

Anyhoo.....its still early in the day and I got lots to do today! I am turning off my phones for now, as I want to get busy, I will turn them back on from 2:00pm!

Thing is, some friends and acquaintances assume that because one is self-employed means one has the whole time in the whole world to gist with them!! EVEN DURING BUSINESS HOURS!!! Keep in mind that they will still get paid for gisting with people, as long as they do it while they are signed in on the clock!

They want to gist with you because their jobs are boring, but the pay is faat! And they wont leave and go do something they love doing (even if the pay is lower)! As for me, I DON'T compromise "Job Satisfaction". This life is full of too much ish for me to sit and be miserable because of a fat paycheck! I simply 'downgrade' my lifestyle and be happy!!! Kapish!! Not everyone is motivated by money like dat abeg!! There should be other intrinsic value to work, not just the monetary reward!!!!!!

Now, some friends would actually call me at 8am, 9 am, 10 am, and all other crazy BUSY time just to ask me how I dey? (Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the concern, but how about the fact that you are doing the right thing at the WRONG time!!!???), and if I want to get off the phone fast after responding because I got a lot on my table, they think I have an attitude!

Personally, I don't call people at their jobs before 12 noon! Unless its an urgent matter, because I have worked in an office environment before and I know that people have things to clear out on their tables before lunch (those that know what they are doing anyway!! Because some rather hang around the coffee room or the water cooler to talk about their cats and dogs!!) instead of doing the job they are paid to do!!

I employed a seamstress once, and from the time she walked in to the studio, till she left, she would be on her cell phone! Claiming they were "International calls"!! Bull crap!!! So, freaking what!!!!???? You are working!!!! And on my time!!!!! And that outfit is supposed ti have been ready YESTERDAY!!!!!! And international callers should know the time difference!!!! Need I say she and I parted ways! And she didn't understand and called me names cos she believed she did everything for me blah blah blah and she thought we were friends blah blah blah!!! Ok, so, because we were supposedly friends, you will now be chatting endlessly on the phone and end up making a simple skirt in 6 hours!!! And cutting an expensive lace fabric that was supposed to have a square-neck into a V-neck?!!!! Friends? Then, why are you not sewing for FREE for me! Isn't that what 'friends' do? Help each other out!!! And the distractions from your stupid chatting nko?! And you talking to a married man in London while you live in USA and having hope that he will leave his wives and kids for you AIN'T COOL in my book!!!! So, OUT THE DOOR YA GO!!!

Anyhoo, let me turn off these phones and get creative! Because the incessant ringing of the phone can make any creative mind lose its train of thoughts or ideas! Correct me if I am wrong, fellow creative people!

Oky doky........signing out and see you later! And I hope no friend reading this would misunderstand it O! I didn't say don't call me, just don't call me at the wrong time! (before 1:00pm).......besides, from 10:00pm, I am free to chat, unless I have a deadline to meet, then, my voice message would be there for you! And if its a business emergency, then, leave me a text message ASAP!....

Love ya anyhow!

Shalom!

Comments