Sprint messed me up on my birthday!!!

I am changing my provider kia kia!!!Imagine!! I went to my 'Mum's place in Potomac. Their house is set on a ranch-like estate with an orchard behind...(and Sprint phone doesnt do well with trees and tall buildings!!!)

So, I virtually had no reception!And my girls had organized a surprise party for me and wanted the surprise on me!!! But they didnt know I went to Potomac at about 7pm! I kept getting these calls and each time I picked up, my phone showed "Signal faded"....so, I relaxed where I was.....blew my candles out, ate my roast lamb, jollof rice (cooked by my oyibo mum!!! she tried sha....it tasted close to naija type!) and had me glasses of healthy red wine and off to sleep!!! cos she gave me lights out at 10pm!!!! Imagine! (says I over-work myself and had to rest!!!) No laptop, no internet....."Go to bed Miss!!! You have to rest!!!!" so, I go to snore land only to wake up today on my way to church to hear that I missed my own party yesterday!!!!! Chai!!!!!!

They agreed to postpone it, but will let me know when this time!!! But they should have known that surprise thingy no go work with me! What if I had hopped on a plane to Miami beach like I had also wanted to! Afterall, the open ticket is in my hand already and I dont have to call off work! hee hee hee....Overall, AWESOME birthday!!! And lovely pictures to be posted soon!

It reminds me of the best birthday I had when I was 14, when my mum took my brothers and I to a Motherless babies Home in Kano to celebrate with them! That experience formed my dedicating myself to non-profit and volunteer work ever since! And buying presents for others and taking care of an elderly lady yesterday was the highlight of my day!

A loud, crowded party would have been fun! And I know people would have crashed it a lot!!! Imagine the emails and phone calls about my postponed birthday fashion show! People wanting to know the new date! I was like....wow!!

Its a good feeling!!! But the best gift I gave myself yesterday was REST!!! I woke up at 11:00am and slept at 10:00pm!! That, is something money cant buy! - REST!!! And been along time I slept that long!! Phew!

Now, back to work!! Deadlines to be met, and the Fashion Show Expo still being organized on a bigger scale! back to business as usual................

Comments