Excerpt from Old Online Diary: # 3 ( THE 7TH COMMANDMENT)

THE 7TH COMMANDMENT! (April 26th, 2007)

The 7th Commandment...
Exodus 20: 7
Quote:
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

7"(J)You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.


Funny how people are quick to say "I swear" even when they are lying through their teeth!!

The word Perjury is when people lie under oath. And as much as USA is trying to get God out of their system, its ironical that people have to be sworn in by placing their hand on the bible (abi dem don stop am? Movies still show it like dat sha O!) Cos they then assume that EVERYTHING you say would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! So, help you GOD!....

And its worse when people downrightly lie and put 'God' in the same sentence to punish another person.... I still see adults here in USA that touch their index finger to their tongue and raise it to the sky saying "I swear to God' I once had to cut off from a friend who could not help himself from saying 'I swear to God' like 10 times in 10 minutes!! Made me feel he was just LYING!! And thought adding 'God''' will authenticate his lies!

Haba!! People no dey fear God again O!

Catechism classes as a child taught me to not even say 'I swear to God' even as a joke. Or to even exclaim "Oh my God"...
bottom line....DONT USE GOD IN ANY SENTENCE THAT IS NOT PRAISE, PRAYER OR EXULTATION! UNLESS YOU ARE SAYING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

And it makes sense that if Anyone go to the extent of invoking God's wrath or sentence or punishment on another, at least BE SURE YOU ARE CLEAN IN HEART AND NOT Breaking the seventh commandment - because it has consequences!. Because 'life and death' in the power of the tongue and in summary, people gat to be careful how they invoke the wrath of heaven on other people if they are lying....cos, it backfires! Yeah, I am guilty of that too, I have called on God to 'judge' and 'vindicate me', but, anytime I ever did that, its because I KNOW that I am in the right and have clear mind/heart. Otherwise, it would be suicidal! .... and I love meself too mesh to wish meself bad! nah!

Quote:
Numbers 24:9 "......May those who bless you be blessed and those who curse you be cursed
... Ouch!

Comments