The Meaning of "FRENEMIES"....

I have been asked the meaning of "Frenemies", seeing it is not in the dictionary for sure, neither in the thesaurus nor can you find it Ask.com and googles.com. I will tell you, in just a minute. Its not my word by the way, I took it from Stella, (The Olofofogal ©)...and I like it, because it says a lot in one word.

And to define the word "Frenemies" would mean explaining it and giving examples, and I surely would do so as soon as time permits me. I just wanted to write it here because I had promised someone I would explain it in my blog. So, she knows I didn't forget, and will do so in a second.

But as an appetizer, just picture a 'Frenemy' as your proverbial "Green Snake Under Green Grass", or "The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" that poses as your friend!!

Simply coined from two words = 'FRIEND' + 'ENEMY'. You getting the flow now? But just know that every one of us has a 'frenemy', its just a matter of identifying them and making sure they dont do more harm to you than you need (because, they surely MUST HARM OR TRY TO HARM, RUIN, DESTROY you!!!) and at the same time laughing and making you think they got your interests at heart!!!

Even the bible has a definition of a 'Frenemy'!! Doubt me? See the verse below: Psalm 41:9
New Living Translation:

Psalm 41:9 - Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me.New Living Translation © 1996
The rest of the verse area in King James Translation:
Psa 41:5 Mine enemies speak evil against me, saying, When will he die, and his name perish?
Psa 41:6 And if he come to see me, he speaketh falsehood; His heart gathereth iniquity to itself: When he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
Psa 41:7 All that hate me whisper together against me; Against me do they devise my hurt.
Psa 41:8 An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him; And now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
Psa 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, Who did eat of my bread, Hath lifted up his heel against me.
Psa 41:10 But thou, O Jehovah, have mercy upon me, and raise me up, That I may requite them.
Psa 41:11 By this I know that thou delightest in me, Because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
To be continued.....

Comments