On the Issue of wearing skimpy attires to Church....

Recently the General overseer of RCCG Church was quoted as turning back some females dressed in pants.....and people have been saying all sorts of things in line with that.

Anyway, its not been confirmed, but I am shocked at the utterances people are making. Some saying females should be allowed to come as 'naked' as they are, and the spirit of God can convict them to change their clothing!!! Pluuuuze!!!! We know its not everyone that walks into a church building that actually comes in to seek Jesus!!! Some just go to seek people to take away from Jesus!!!! By seducing them and distracting them from hearing the preaching or the word of God that could change their lives!! So, me, I am thinking Daddy G.O. would have a genuine reason IF he did so!!

Jesus himself told satan to get behind Him, because Jesus recognized Satan and knew satan was just out to derail His destiny!!! So, what if the man of God knew that the female he turned back was actually satan himself? Just a thought! So, how is he wrong there?!

Given, everyone is welcomed into the house of God, but simple common sense and reverence to God should tell some people not to just wear some things to church!!!

Like my pastor would say, IF YOU CANNOT WEAR AN OUTFIT TO THE WHITE HOUSE TO VISIT THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY, WHY WEAR IT TO GO THE THE HOUSE OF GOD (CHURCH) TO PRAY AND PRAISE GOD!!! You see girls who go to church from the club!! With all their thongs hanging out and reeking of alcohol!!! SOMEONE HAS TO TELL THEM IT IS WRONG!!!!! Otherwise, they will never get it!!!

See this link here, people dressed to a church funeral service. I didnt read the whole story (I would later....maybe), but it is a service with a man of God present!!

Common people, let's be realistic here! And even IF Daddy G.O. said so in Lagos, Nigeria, that is understandable because culturally, Nigerian society still frowns at trouser wearing, especially to church! And if your not wearing trouser would make 10 persons come to Christ, wouldn't that be a worthwhile sacrifice?

And yes, I wear pants a lot! Infact, I changed from Catholic to Pentecostal church because I found out that I could wear my mini skirts and trousers to the Campus church then in University of Jos, Nigeria. If I did not see a church that allowed me then, a 17 year old teenager to continue wearing my mini skirts and looking hotttt.....I would probably had stopped going to church completely for ever! Because the Campus Catholic Chaplain was BORRRIIIINNNNG!!!! He would be reading from a handout and use big words that was flying all over our young heads then! And at 17, you know that it is a time when peer pressure is high!!! And till date, I thank God for those other girls on campus who were pentecostals and made being a born-again fun!

Those girls back in the day were PRETTY, BEAUTIFUL, WELL DRESSED, HAPPY and gave me no reason not to switch to the Pentocostal camp! Amidst all the complaints from my family not to leave the catholic church.

So, I understand, but now, I know that I love to weat trousers, but if I go to a church that says no trousers, I will keep them at home. So as not to offend anyone. Its really simple!

And living on the East coast here in USA would make it necessary to wear trousers during the winter months, so, its the practical side to pants that i had expected people to argue about and not talk and whine about "taking anyone as they are and allowing them to come into the house of God however they are, and blah blah blah about how Jesus looks at the heart and not the outfit!!!" PLUUUUZE!!!! How cant a full grown woman know NOT to wear an outfit that would leave her thong and half her boobs outside to church!!!!! PLUUUZEEE!!!!!! Why doesnt same woman wear same outfit for a job interview!!!!?????? Hisssssssssssssssssssss

Comments