Streaming Faith Series: CONFER NOT WITH FLESH AND BLOOD

September 05, 2007
Confer Not With Flesh and Blood
Bishop Keith Butler

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood. Galatians 1:15-16 (KJV)

Paul gave no attention to what the people said. When he knew what God wanted him to do he didn't then go ask people what they thought about it. When you've heard from God you don't need to find out what your friends and family thinks about it. You just need to do it.

When you know that you know that you heard from God, you don't need a sign. You don't need to say, "Give me a sign Lord. Let a rooster cock-a-doodle-doo at midnight and I'll know it's your will." God doesn't lead you by signs; He leads you by His Spirit. When you pray daily, you will hear Him speaking to you.

Some folks don't pray until the emergency shows up. Now, I'm saying this jokingly, but I almost believe that when God hears certain voices praying, He says, "I haven't heard that voice in five years. They must be in trouble again." Since I'm on this point, there are also folks who don't go to church until things go wrong. God is not your Santa Claus. And he's not God-in-the-Box, where you wind Him up when you want to and out He jumps. God expects you to live for him with your whole life. He expects you to come before Him in prayer - all the time - daily, so that you can know that you know that you have His direction.

What you need is the Word and to follow the Holy Ghost. Paul said, I didn't confer with flesh and blood. If I had listened to people I wouldn't have a church, because people told me not to start it. You have to spend time in prayer, and let God show you what He wants you to do. Then when you know what God wants you to do, do it.

You mean God deals with me in the earth? Yes. He made you. He cares about you. Jesus died for you. Do you think He would then just leave you alone in this earth to fend for yourself until you die? No, He's involved in your life to the extent you will hear His word and obey His voice through prayer and fellowship with Him. He will show you what He wants you to do in life. And there is no need to confer with people when you have heard from God.

Scripture References: Isaiah 49:1, 5; Jeremiah 1:5; Romans 1:1


Bishop Keith A. Butler is the founder and pastor of Word of Faith International Christian Center in Southfield, MI, and Word of Faith Christian Center in San Antonio, TX. Bishop Butler ministers extensively in churches, conferences, and seminars throughout the U.S. and abroad with an emphasis on instruction and no-nonsense, practical application of God's Word

Comments