Meeting old friends after so many years......

have you recently met old friends after a long long time of being incommunicado?
How did you react? How was it? Did you have old unresolved issues? Did you spend time gisting and catching up?
How was it? Please share your experiences...

I'll start.....
I woke up one morning to see a yahoo offliner text from a class mate in secondary school! I was sooooooooo happy! Cos I never thought we would ever meet again.

He was one of those guys we all used to walk home together after school, gisting and telling all sorts of stories and we were a group of 8. The chicks - (Pauline, Gladys, Christy, Franca, Anthonia, and me) and the guys, Ayo, Walter, Gideon........we lived in the same area of Kano State then.....so, on the walk home, from the bus stop, I would turn into my gate, while the rest of them continued and Gideon and Walter (brothers) were usually the last to get home. Cos they lived further down the street.

Franca died two years ago during childbirth! :( Rest in peace Franca!!)

I lost contact with Pauline, but will catch up now that I have found Walter! She was my closest friend. She is older and treated me like a kid sister (and I loved the attention cos I have no sister). There were three other people in our group, but they lived in the other part of town, so, were not part of our bussing group.

Anyhoo, Walter sends me a text and we connect and the gist wouldn't end, he lives in USA here too, and when we talked, it was like yesterday!!! ;) Like time froze!

And I just met a long lost friend from my University Days yesterday too. Silvia.

HOW I MET SILVIA
This cute looking babe passes me, I was trying to balance myself on my stiletto heels with my wine glass that was spilling cos someone bumped into my elbow......and then I heard in the softest voice ever " I KNOW YOU!!!"...and I was like, OK......<thinking in my head: what have I done now O! Na who be dis one again?!> And truly, she looked very familiar!!! So I told her, "I KNOW YOU TOO"! She asked, " Govt college ,........?"<in my head, I was like, Govt. gini?> , but my mouth says NO. She then asks "University of Jos?" And I say " YES"!!! And she says "Psychology", and I say "Psychology too!!!".

....NEXT THING was us shrieking and hugging!!! I finally remembered her!!!! Wow!! What are the odds........bumping into a friend you have not seen in the last 13 years at a function at the Nigerian Embassy! And she has been living about 15 minutes away from you in the past 4 years!!!??Need I say the rest of the evening was AWESOME!!! Meeting all her friends and she meeting mine, picture-taking all over the place......it was FUN!!! When her friends asked her how she recognized me, she said I have not changed in physique one bit! OK people, is that a good or bad? That I have not changed physically in look and shape for 13 years?! Hmmmmm.........

....hmmmm....seems my old friends are popping out from places now!!! I love that! heck! These are people who knew me from when my chest was still flat, who were there when we went through the hard teenage years, and who one withstood so many peer pressures with, these are friends one knew when the only care we had in the world was simply to make good grades!! No bills, no stress, just collect pocket money from home and turn in good grades! ;) And who most of all were from good homes and well brought up, so we didnt indulge in mischievous stupid sinful tricks because we were good kids with good grades!

its really nice to meet old friends.

But i know its not always positive, I have met one or two old friends that I cut off so fast the door slammed on their butts! hee hee hee......for example this old buffoon who did not have enough guts to chase me in University of Jos, even though he was my classmate, now getting some guts to chase me and tell me the whole crap of "I always admired you in class and didnt know how to approach you cos you were a big chick then" etc....and I asked him, if you didnt approach me then, why now? The yeye igbo man told me that "cos I am a big boy naw!!" I was like, ehhh? Really? And you think I am not a bigger chick now, eh? Anyway, I tot to myself, if he did not look appealing then that I didnt even notice his advances, then, he just aint cut it!

Singing he wanted to marry me blah blah blah! I told him he is a stranger and he quoted the many years we sat in class together, that he knew me blah blah blah. I said you are a stranger, kapish! Join the line to be considered for marriage! LOL.... I wasnt feeling dude at all! I remembered him back then as a dubious fellow! Who would even write the tests and exam points on his bomber jacket! On his arms, he had all types of stick-up notes in his jackets! No matter the weather, he wrote exams in big jacket! I remember that on the last day we wrote our degree exam, he was caught with a cheat sheet, which he chewed fast and swallowed! GOAT!! And the lecturer saw him, and he still graduated with us!! Dubious character!!! Not a husband candidate abeg!!!

And I was right! I told him off, and he cussed me out as usual! .....and heard months later from another classmate that Odeh already had an equally mgbeke babe he was going to marry in naija and was just trying his dubious nature on me!! He really DIDN'T and NEVER knew me, or hin for no even try at all!

So, meeting old friends can be good or bad....I guess one has to thread gently, knowing that so much water has passed under the bridge for so long......

Comments