When Snakes turn to Teddy Bears, what do you do?

Someone on a web forum I belong to asked me about my bobo (boyfriend in Nigerian pidgin English Slang).......hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. S....

I love the idea of a diary though I no get liver to put my diary online but I don't mind reading sha. LOL. I keep journals sometimes and it
helps get through difficult times. So write. We will read and support. So, gist me more about the bobo..
MY RESPONSE:
Bobo? I am boboless ....Nah dearie.............there are 3 portions of my life that are NOT for public consumption anymore! My love life, my family life, and my business dealings!

Others I shall gerrican mouth about! This happened a couple of months ago.....a strange woman I have never seen before walked up to me after church and told me simply this: "Until you say 'I do', keep quiet"! That was just after my break-up with my ex-fiance. If na U nko? U go still talk? Nah! Enemies abound my dear! I used to be so naive to think that all those diabolical things they depict in Nollywood movies end in naija and dont exist here, I now know better!

A man that says he has 'spiritual powers' walked into my store and said he would "help me from what my enemies are planning".....and I told him God has got ma back! He didnt like my response. I thanked him and of course, INTENSIFIED MY PRAYER LIFE!! If there is anyone that can look beyond all the NR Online ish that truly like me, PLEASE put me in your prayers. I got strong prayer warriors around me though, but there is no OVERdose in praying!

Only crime I committed to some people was in taking a step of faith even when I had nothing! Even when all looked bleak and dry and hopeless around me to create EC! I bought my first sewing machine with the last change in my hand!! I bought it on faith! When I was just a nobody, I had lots of friends! (who were mostly "advisers" telling me how to live my life and need I say that most of their advice led me into some problems I am still dealing with today!! Cos I tot they knew better!!)

I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT WE ARE MORE VULNERABLE WHEN WE ARE OVERWHELMED WITH PROBLEMS! And tend less to pray to God and 9 out of 10 times, would listent to a 'friend's' advice at that point!!! -big mistake!! When I was a nobody and struggling with my job and my IT/Ebay business and complaining and whining etc, they all loved me because they believed and saw they were better than me - [then!] Now, I am cautious about most of them that showed me the snake part of them before returning back to the teddy bears I see now!! Some others have started mellowing down and even bragging about me as their friend etc, or rather bragging about EC- the designer being their friend...., I forgave them and life goes on, but, there is still that little tiny cautious thing in me....telling me that anyone that hurt me before can still hurt me again if I allow them. But honestly, forgiving is easier than haboring anger as it releases you and u keep being blessed and being a blessing.
Just a tot, ...........not a sermon!

Comments