The turkeys are gone!

Thanksgiving is over. But we should still be thanking God everyday. Even for waking up this morning, I thank Him.

For breathing, I Thank Him

For being healthy and alive, I Thank Him.

I Thank God.

I had an awesome Thanksgiving Day.

I started the day by volunteering at church to package food for the homeless and also for our street evangelism.

I love my church, Jesus House DC, the people that turned up that morning was amazing! People left home in that cold to come take care of the needs of the less fortunate before going home to eat their own turkeys. And we had fun. Though I had to leave after the packaging to go cater for a client that came from out of town, and who texted/called me into dizziness! lol.

I had wanted to go on the streets and share the food with my church members. Oh well, there is always another Thanksgiving.

I had late lunch on Thanksgiving day. I eventually got to my foster Mum's house and they had my own food set aside that I truly got down to! It was awesome!

And then, her mother who is 87 years old regalled me with stories of her life during the Vietnam War! Wow!!! I will write a post on that soon! Some of these old folks have stories that would tingle your ears!! Their stories are like the movies we watch, only this time, it happened to them! I should write a book on her stories! I think I should.....hmmmmm.....


Picture: Me, Mum and her friend at Thanksgiving. (poor dead turkey on the table :(


Anyway, to a lovely Thanksgiving Celebration, and to love and to life, Stay well. To all the countless text messages of thanksgiving I got, may God bless you all and make your lives something to be thankful for, ALWAYS. Amen.

Picture: Boris, Me and Annita (my American mum and her brother)

Comments